Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Taos

We are now just outside Taos, at Trudy Abrams, formerly of Yellow Springs.  The directions to her house were just as circuitous as the ones to Shel's.  She has a great new house, of which she told us all the problems and disappointments, but overall i think she is happy with it, as she should be.  I had been thinking we would split today, but Trudy has convinced us that Taos requires a closer look.  I should not be in such a hurry.  Who knows, Trudy may be right; perhaps Taos is Yellow Springs West.
  I have said that i want to find a small town with a liberal, worldly population that has a definable downtown and a feeling of community.  A public radio station and a local newspaper would help a lot.  A good supply of water, clean air and being able to see a lot of stars (in the sky) are important, too.  Last, but not least, there needs to be a quality ski resort!  The Taos ski resort just started allowing snowboards last year, so Taos can now be considered.  I will keep you informed.  

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooh....awwwwww.....the noises I anticipate making when you get back and I'm able to see whatever pictures you did take of these places. I'm quite curious. (Good dramatic tactic Andy).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait: more to say...

    I'm going to a farming conference in PA next weekend and I was just reading through the schedule. Check out the keynote speaker:

    http://www.pasafarming.org/conference2010/keynote.htm

    Small world; hugh? I had never heard of Taos before your blog...have you heard of this guy or his homes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. 1. now you have heard of taos. 2. yesterday we took a quick tour of the earthship visitor center, and today we bought a book there. maybe we will let you see it someday, if.... stay curious, it is good for you

    ReplyDelete