Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Road Trip Page 6

It's Wednesday nite, Jan. 20, one whole year without George W.  I miss our national idiot, but  I am thankful.  
We are spending our last nite at Tristan's in Austin.  Today we had lunch at Green Mesquite Barbecue.  Excellent.  We had dinner at the Hyde Park Bar & Grill, where Tris waits tables.  That was excellent, too.  During the past few days i have had Lone Star Beer, Lone Star Brewing, Fort Worth.  Cheap and lite.  I had three more brews from the Real Ale Co.: Brewhouse Brown Ale (very good), Full Moon Pale Rye Ale (good), and Rio Blanco Pale Ale (good). At Tris's resturant i had Live Oak Pilsner on tap, brewed in the Austin area (good enuf to have two). At some point in there i also had a Sierra Nevada from Chico, CA.  No, i did not make a quick trip to CA, it was all we had.  It was good, though.  
Played disc golf twice.  I hope nobody noticed my butt getting kicked.  I got to make more throws than anybody else and got to see the most remote areas of the course, and even got a bit of a wash in the creek, so it wasn't a complete loss.
No surprise, after many days of doing nothing constructive, i was jonesin' to do some home improvement here.  My projects so far: tighten the toilet seat, advise Tris on putting back up the SECOND coat rack i have pulled off the wall this trip, repair two Venetian blinds.  I have talked a really good game about putting in an outside GFCI outlet for the electric fence, but all i have done is replace the inside outlet with the GFCI and determine that the electric pence doesn't trip it.  Tomorrow morning i have to choose, do i go back to the disc golf course to find the disc i threw into the woods just as it got dark, or do i commit to the outside outlet project.  I don't have a lot of time, we want to leave before noon.  

3 comments:

  1. Now I know why China blocks blogspot. The brewers of Tsingtao Beer are afraid of losing the billion loyal consumers to the likes of a Fireman's Blonde... or was it a Blonde Fireman? Your endorsements are threatening the balance of power... Cheers Andy! -Chinese Roger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pick the disc!!! (that's my vote anyways)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andy... For some strange reason Kitty keeps getting ahead of me on reading every time there is a bit about beers... Glad you are having fun..
    Drink a few for me.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete