Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Snowboarding Santa Fe

Jeez, i forgot to report the best day, until i read Kathi's comment of a few days ago.  Speaking of comments, i just changed the settings so that anyone can comment, i think.  I didn't know they couldn't, and i don't know if it matters.  
Monday i drove up to Ski Santa Fe.  I got in about 4 hours of snowboarding, talked to lots of people on the lift, did about 5 runs with a boarder about my age.  Great guy, took me through some moderate bumps, that was fun to do a few times but kind of hard work.  The snow was good.  Everyone told me my timing was right, they had been short of snow until last week.  I wished i had been there right after the storms but i didn't want to complain.  I stayed on the groomers pretty much, and they stayed smooth and predictable thru the day.  I  wiped out twice, but not badly.  I was on the blue runs mostly, started looking for greens at the end, so as to prolong my day safely.  I had to make sure to get my $60 worth.  The locals told me the deal was to buy the January pass for under $200 i think, and come a whole bunch, and then be entitled to $40 lift tickets for the rest of the season.  Probably did 20 runs of 1000 vertical feet each, but as Kathi knows, i may err on the plus side.
Talked strawbale with a guy from Albuquerque,  and i told him about our friend Eric's former house in Rio Rancho, and he actually could tell from my description that he had seen it.  Small World!

No comments:

Post a Comment