Saturday, January 9, 2010

Road Trip Page 1

Okay, here goes.  Beth & Andy’s big road trip adventure.  Maybe I am starting with too many expectations.  Maybe I should start by saying I might just write a few words about a drive we are on.

            So, here we are driving south on US 17 in south Carolina.  It is Saturday morning.  I am trying to type and watch the scenery at the same time.  It is hard for my brain cause it is trying to do two things at once.  Speaking of which, I discovered another limitation of my brain yesterday.  Maybe I should say “yet another limitation.”  Being on vacation, and having no projects, I was practicing my juggling and I thought of having a “trigger” (the yellow ball landing in the right hand) tell me to throw the ball in my left hand high and then throw the yellow ball behind my back.  It seemed like it was one too many things to think about. That’s Common Usage, all you grammar police.  Maybe if I make the trigger the first ball to throw, that is the yellow ball in the left hand, my brain will be able to handle it. 

We did our first camping last nite.  Even though we are on the South Carolina shore, it was about 30 degrees.  We got to use our new sleeping bags and liners and new sleeping pad.  All was well except for Beth’s feet.  We need one more full-length camping pad. 

            We started Monday afternoon from Yellow Springs.  We spent two nites at Alan and Julies (Beth’s sister) in Chapel Hill.  One of our missions is to sample the local brews.  Well, I guess maybe it is my mission only.  I tried Raleigh’s Triangle Belgian style ale on tap, and thought it similar to my old homebrew.  That’s a no. Then we bought a six of Angry Angel, also from Raleigh, but I forget the brewery.  It gets a thumbs up.  Then we drove to Wilmington, NC.  We spent two nites at Steve Spier’s.  Went to art museum and beach.  Drank Carolina Blonde in a tall narrow can but I didn’t like it.  Beth did, though.  Then I started drinking Kashmir IPA from the Highland Brewing Co. in Ashville, NC.  Good! 

              

2 comments:

  1. happy to hear you are off and well. Keep Beth's feet warm!! Maybe you can teach me how to juggle when you/I get back. (I know I could learn from a book--but what fun is that?)

    Be SAFE, but mostly concentrate on the scenery and the good time.

    ReplyDelete